Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easters.

Yes. Easters.

So, I had originally planned on spending Easter break doing homework...definitely didn't happen. My cousin Travis stayed with me Thursday night, then my friend Caleb from back home came Friday night...spent Sunday with a couple guys from school and brought them to my church for the Easter service and then to my family's Easter dinner...good, good times, but no homework. haha.

I wanted to share something which God told me this weekend. I haven't felt like myself lately, as I mentioned briefly in the "Unspoken Thoughts" post. I think this weekend God gave me some insight into why I've been feeling this way. I realized I haven't been feeling like myself because I haven't been ACTING like myself. Yeah, kind of a no-brainer, haha! I realized I've been constantly worrying about people's perception of me lately, especially girls' perception of me (=O oh noes!). This isn't like me, and I don't like it. Also, God has used one of the verses from my last post to really show me how I've been going about things the wrong way:

Galatians 1:10 - "For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ."

Man. Today, I stopped worrying, and I had a great day! It's like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders...

Another new development this past week: I'm working on putting a band together, for realz.

No comments: