Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I ALMOST thought about getting rid of this...and then this morning happened. ugh.

Yeah, it's been awhile since my last post. Sorry about that. I don't think I'll be blogging about my summer at camp...if there was a way for me to easily do it throughout the summer, it would be nice, but it's really hard to summarize everything easily now that it's over.

Anyways, apologies are not the point of me writing this at 6:00 AM. I've been awake all night, and I am not happy about it. I'm at Spring Arbor right now; the freshmen all moved in yesterday. I am what is known as the Spiritual Life Adviser for my dorm floor. Since I got here 2 days ago, all everyone has been talking about is how this year could be amazing: people on fire for God, preparing in prayers for humility and servant-like attitudes, and just really excited in general. This also applies to my RA, Casey Mellinger. He's shared with me some really awesome hopes he has for our floor this year, and we both are pretty pumped for it. So, naturally, Satan wants to throw a wrench in things and screw it up as much as he possibly can. I found that out tonight when I tried to go to sleep. I did not sleep; instead, I got hit with some tough warfare. I prayed, and I prayed, and I told Satan he was retarded for even THINKING he could mess with my God's plans (a few choice words came to mind that I won't share here), and I prayed some more...and after a while, it was over...not that I could sleep afterward or anything, but at least it was done. So, here I am, telling you about this. I would really appreciate prayer for the guys on my floor, the guys in my dorm, and the student leaders here especially. We need God's strength.

1 comment:

Kris Locker said...

I am so glad you are a student leader this year at school. God has given you a gift to lead and i am so pumped to see what He'll do through you!
I'm a fan Mr. Butler...a big fan!