Thursday, March 22, 2012

Psalm 37:18

"The LORD knows the days of the blameless, and their heritage will remain forever."

Sometimes it's hard to remember that we are blameless in Christ. Reading a passage like this, one may be tempted to start thinking selfishly, "Well, I'm not blameless...I guess I'm not good enough," or even (unconsciously), "I need to make myself blameless so I can feel better about reading things like this in Scripture." When Scripture refers to "the blameless," it is usually referring to those who have been justified in God's sight. This applies to all who are in Christ, whether you feel like it on any given day or not, and it has nothing to do with how "good" you think you have been lately. The focus here, although we are the ones being called "blameless", is actually not on us; it's on Christ and His sacrifice.

Peace.

No comments: