Monday, April 22, 2013

New job!

So, this is my last week moving furniture for a living, and next week I will start cleaning people's aquariums for a living! I got the job I applied for at Preuss Pets, the best pet store in Michigan. I will be taking a financial hit by working there; however, the work environment and the other staff more than make up for the loss.

This past weekend was a pretty interesting one. There were a couple Christian conferences I went to, which is something I haven't really done before. God taught me how He has freed me from the addictions, fears, and other things that have harmed people in my family...and me. That was something I REALLY needed to hear. He also keeps showing me that He really wants to make things right between my real dad and I, and that He has prepared both of our hearts for it. My uncles on that side of my family also seem to think it's the right time, and have been asking me more and more at family events if I have talked to him yet, haha.

I am now looking at getting to Colorado next spring. The Preuss job will pay less, but I almost have the amount saved that I wanted to by May anyway, so as long as I continue saving money, even small amounts, I will have enough saved for whenever Jesus does send me out there. Until then, Jesus is rockin' house here in Lansing, and I am excited about it! We're hoping to turn the house I'm in into a prayer and worship house. AWESOME.

Also, I will now have weekends a lot more freed up due to getting a new job and Friday night plans changing a bit, so my roommate Garrett and I are planning to have REGULAR short-term camping trips. He's from Colorado (ironic...) and is super outdoorsy like me, so we both need to get out of the city as much as possible. Things are looking good!

Peace.

2 comments:

David Shinabarger said...

Casey,

It'd be great to camp with you sometime, whether it be biking, hiking, or driving. I hope we can hang out sometime before you head out west.

It's great reading about your life updates.

Peace,

David

The Other Wook said...

Awesome man. Glad to hear things are going so well. God's timing is always such a mystery. ALSO- I want in on some of this camping, alright?