Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

So, if you read my last post, you know that I was about to try to contact my real dad. Last Monday, I called him. This is pretty much how the conversation went:

"Hey, it's me Casey."

"Casey.......I'm so glad you had the heart to call me, because I just couldn't call you."

"Oh...well, yeah, I was thinking about heading out your way tomorrow or sometime this week; are you free sometime so I can see you?"

"Yeah, my buddy Terry and I are going out to the Wooden Nickel in Dansville right now, and you should come meet us there! That way there will be an extra person, and it won't be as tense."

"Wellll.....alrighty then. See you there!"

To keep it short, I was able to have some time talking with my dad: I told him I forgive him for anything that happened in the past, I don't hold anything against him, and I want to be his son...which is just what he wanted, too. There was lots of hugging. We both agreed that we just want to put the past behind us and be family from now on. The timing was so perfect...we were both ready for it.

Today I got to call him to wish him the first Happy Father's Day I've ever really been able to give, and we talked for a while again. I'm really happy to actually have a more real family now.

God is a good Father.

Peace.