Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Great Michigan West

So, as many of you may know, I have been living on a friend's couch in Grand Rapids since last December. You may also know I am finally about to move into a new apartment on the west side of Grand Rapids tomorrow with one of my best friends, Andrew. I am beyond excited. Andrew and I have been friends since high school, and we were even roommates in college (which was AWESOME). Along with all this, I'll also be starting a new job at Ottawa County Parks, one which will pay well and I'll love.

This will be one of the most permanent moves I have made. I'm trying to take everything I would want to take out West with me when I move (hopefully summer 2015). I boxed up a bunch of clothes I'm giving away and threw out a lot of junk I've been holding onto for years. This is a really big deal to me, especially since I've never signed a serious lease before. It's almost like I'm grown up. Almost.

Since I am so excited about this, I've decided to make it even better. Tomorrow when I leave my house in Williamston, I won't be taking the highway to Grand Rapids. As it turns out, Grand River Ave. goes all the way from my house to our new apartment in Standale. Certainly, it changes names through Grand Rapids, but it's pretty much a straight shot all the way there. I'll be blasting my favourite music all the way there on my new car stereo, riding west toward my new home. This short road trip is the start of a new life of adventure.

In a sense, I'll be officially starting my trip out West, riding into destiny.

I am West Bound.

Peace.