Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Boundaries

So, I was thinking a few minutes ago about boundaries in dating relationships. If you read my last post, you already know I just started a new relationship with a friend of mine. Like anyone else normally would in a relationship, I've been thinking about boundaries and intimacy. We haven't really talked about boundaries, other than taking things slow and wanting to glorify God in everything. Strangely enough, though, I'm ok with not having talked about it. My past relationships, we set boundaries. Those boundaries became lines which we got as close as we could to, and we would inevitably cross them. Talking about boundaries has, in my own past, made things harder. As I've posted before, I've put a lot of thought already into how I want things to go this time around, and that includes boundaries. I see this person as a beautiful child of God in a way I couldn't in my previous relationships. We both know our feelings for the other, and we both want to relate to each other in a respectable, Godly way. Things are going well, and I have no desire to push the boundaries from where they currently stand.

Peace.

No comments: