Friday, December 10, 2010

Follow the Star 2010

So, I'm at Center Lake Bible Camp right now for the whole weekend. I'm helping with a free living nativity they run every December known as Follow the Star. I'm playing the prophet Isaiah all weekend. I stand by a fire and read from the book of Isaiah, chapter 9, verses 6-7 when prompted. It's pretty cold here at night, and it's hard not to get a faceful of smoke next to the fire, so I ran circles around the A-Frame to keep warm. Also, at the end of the event tonight, I failed at finding the right knob to turn my lantern off, and I got some really nice burn imprints from a metal piece on the top of the lantern. Pretty nice patterns.

I'm highly amused by what my boss Don has been wearing since I've been here. Along with normal warm-looking clothes, he has some big ol' boots, a pointy cap that trails halfway down his back, and rabbit-fur mittens that go halfway up his arms and look like bear paws. He kind of looks like a big angry elf.

I have a good bit of work to do while I'm here beside volunteering in the evenings. I have to research my camp's history and write an 8-10 page paper by the middle of this coming week, so I have to focus on that in the day. A couple of my friends here are going to see the new Narnia movie tomorrow, but I don't think I'll be able to go because of my homework. Oh well. Camp is really peaceful when no one is around, and it's really beautiful in the winter.

On a side note, I'm really happy that school is almost over for the semester. It's gone by pretty fast, but it's been pretty frustrating at the same time. Christmas break should be good, even though I'll be working ahead on homework for my January class. Being at home will make it much better.

Peace.

No comments: