Thursday, December 9, 2010

Footprints

So, I was walking back from class this morning in the snow. I decided I wanted to walk where there weren't other tracks in the snow; I wanted to make a distinct path that was my own, a path which was different from all the rest, and that would maybe even become used by others. Then I thought about how when spring comes, my tracks are going to disappear, never truly remembered by anyone else. The snowy path I thought was my own will melt away to reveal the glory of the green grass thriving again in the sun.

Food for thought.

Peace.

3 comments:

Cameron Robinson said...

hmmmm...

Andrew said...

A good look at the temporary versus the permanent.

Anonymous said...

Awesome humility to provide a path to others and reap no lasting glory. We have to be happy in giving ourselves. Even if it's just our tracks through the snow. I like the smallness of that moment you shared and the bigness of the thoughts from it.

Cool blog, Case, I like it. I can't believe I never did this blogging thing before, but I'm trying to get into it a bit more.