Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Lansing...again?

So, I just moved back home almost two months ago. Living at home has been great. Being around my family more, eating homecooked meals, saving money on food and rent, and being in the country...all great things. Driving to Lansing pretty much every day kind of sucks, though, and in a few months when my old roommates move, I won't be able to bum a couch in South Lansing to save gas money.

The other day I visited a friend who lives near downtown Lansing. As I walked around the main floor of his house, I discovered a very, very small, empty bedroom. I asked him about it, and he explained that the landlord had been looking for someone to fill it, that he was a Christian, and this is one of four houses he owns in Lansing which he calls Intentional Faith Communities. After telling me about his current housemates, I started getting all sorts of great ideas about the house and saw a huge potential for what Jesus could do there. I voiced all of this to him, and he said:

"Yup. I've been thinking and praying about all those same things for a while now, and I've just been waiting for someone to come alongside and help."

Whoa.

God has made it very clear that until He gets me to Colorado on His time, I need to not only wait, but also look for why He hasn't taken me there already. So far I've had a hard time seeing the purpose for staying...but this opportunity might at least be part of it. I've been trying to set up a time to meet with his landlord and talk cost for the room, and also calculating out whether or not I could/should rent the room. So far, it looks like something I can do. I would be less than fifteen minutes away from pretty much everything I do in Lansing, and would be able to work more overtime at work (which they're always asking me to do).

I really don't like living in the city, but I'm actually excited for the opportunity presented here. Jesus has really big plans for that house, and I would love to be a part of it.

Peace.

1 comment:

Luna Musings said...

Am I allowed to crack up at the title?