Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Avoid deceit

7-29-14, #2
Strive to be pure and righteous in your dealings with all, human and/or otherwise. Avoid deceit at all costs. Being a fool with right motives is better than being a cunning wicked man. The pure and the righteous will be taken advantage of sometimes, but theirs is the right path.

1-6-15
Regarding the above, I have come to believe it is a great thing to be honest and open. I would like my life to be above reproach. Great kindness, undeserved, has been afforded me for honesty, and although I know it will not always turn out as well, the freedom I experienced with it makes me want to cultivate a lifestyle of more full openness. I would not call myself a liar, but I do keep much to myself in fear of others. This fear has crippled me before, but I cannot let it continue to control my actions.

No comments: