Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Sword

So, although I have been having a great time in Grand Rapids this past year, it has been somewhat at the expense of my journey after Jesus. I have been realising more and more (as you know if you read my last post) how far I have wandered from truly following Christ. Let me state just some of my beliefs here clearly, for my own benefit and so you my readers know where I believe the path to God lies:

I believe Jesus was and is the promised Messiah of the Jews.
I believe Jesus was and is the Son of God, the Word of God, and God incarnate.
I believe Jesus died on the cross in order to bear the sins of mankind.
I believe Jesus rose from the dead and is now with God.
I believe Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.

Re-affirming these is important to me right now, as I have found myself adrift in a sea of spirituality which was carrying me away from Jesus. Being back in Lansing for a little while over the holidays has helped me to look more intently at my actions, thoughts, and motives. It has also reminded me of the visions and truths I have received from God here in the past. One of these visions was of me holding out my hands to God, and receiving a sword. This sword, as far as I have been able to determine through words given to me by others and other images, is prayer. It represents not just speaking to God, but prayers of intercession and spiritual warfare. I have taken it back up tonight, and do not intend to lay it down again. Jesus' seal is on my arm, and I can no longer ignore the fight to which He has called me.

Peace.

No comments: