Sunday, February 8, 2009

I am forgetful

I too often forget Who God is.

I too often forget what God is capable of.

I too often forget how weak I am without God.

I too often forget how much God loves me.

I too often forget that God is my Father.

I too often forget how much Jesus suffered for me.

I too often forget how well Jesus knows my own struggles.

I too often forget that God is always with me.

I too often forget that I have been freed from the sin which used to control my life.

I too often forget that this world has nothing for me.

I too often forget Who knew me before the earth was created.

I too often forget that God knows my thoughts, even though others don't.

I too often forget how much it cost my Father to see His Son Jesus die on a cross.

I too often forget how unworthy of grace I am.

I too often forget the Spirit that dwells within me.

I too often forget that there is a Friend Who sticks closer than a brother.

I too often forget that I owe God everything that I have.

I too often forget that I am a wretched sinner.

I too often forget that the world doesn't revolve around me.

I too often forget to love.

I too often forget that my body is a temple.

I too often forget to put others' needs above my own.

I too often forget to show true respect to my brothers and sisters in Christ.

I too often forget to view those around me as my brothers and sisters in Christ.

I too often forget about God.

I too often forget that faith is meaningless without works.

I too often forget that works are meaningless without faith.

I too often forget the kingdom of God.

I too often forget that I have given my life to Christ.

I too often forget that I need not be anxious.

I too often forget that I was bought at a price.

I too often forget that I gave up my rights in exchange for something better.

I too often forget that I have a Lord.

I too often forget that I am a slave to Jesus Christ.

I too often forget that God is what matters most.

I too often forget that I am nothing.

I too often forget that I need God.

I too often forget that God doesn't forget.

No comments: