Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Pre-Crowder show

Holla peeps! Tomorrow is David Crowder* Band here at Spring Arbor, and we're all pretty pumped. I've even heard there's a youth group from New York coming, which is a little ridiculous.

I have been doing a LOT of homework this week because I had several large projects due Thursday and Friday, and it's pretty much sucked the life out of me. However, one of my profs told us today that one of our assignments that would be due Friday is getting pushed back to Monday. PRAISE the LORD. I was sorely tempted to skip out on a good part of the concert to stay in my room and do work...even though I already bought a ticket and a bunch of friends are coming. It's been a long week.

I've been putting some small study into the Orthodox Church and what they believe as compared to Protestantism, and so far, I kind of like what I've seen. However, there's a lot of stuff I still don't understand, and stuff that I'm not sure that I can go along with, so don't go thinkin' I'm converting just yet, haha! It's not like it's a separate religion, anyway...at least as far as I know, heh.

By the way, I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that one of my friends and I didn't seem to be doing so well in our friendship. That's changed, fortunately. It just took some time, a little initiative, and prayer. Things are going pretty well now. =]

I know it's still only February, but I'll be pretty excited when warmer weather is here to stay! I miss going on walks 'n' such in the evening. I realized the other day that I'm really really grateful for Spring Arbor, because here I can go for a walk anytime of day or night without anyone caring where I am or when I'm coming back. I can go out and listen to music, or just walk quietly and talk to God. Good times.

Anyways, I guess that's all for now. I've been itching to post lately, but I hadn't thought of anything to post until today. You'll probably hear from me again soon enough.

No comments: