Saturday, September 11, 2010

Spiritual Disciplines

So, this is a topic we've all talked and listened to sermons and read books and taken classes about...so I'm not going to preach. Rather, I want to make a little statement about how I've been thinking about it lately and some things I would like help with. God has been teaching me lately how much I need some serious discipline in my life, much more so than usual. I've been recognizing the significance of it more in certain ways. I even just finished a fantastic little textbook called "Mudhouse Sabbath" all about certain disciplines. I've decided I'm going to try harder at not just little daily disciplines, but also more substantial ones like Sabbath and fasting. Everyone takes these and other for granted, and everyone KNOWS that everyone takes them for granted. I would like to start being more diligent in everything I do so I can accomplish a recognition of Sabbath at the end of this coming week. I'm going to try to do better at various other things, but this is the one which I feel I should talk to others about specifically. If everything works out like I want it to this week, I'll probably be unavailable to contact for the most part except in person Friday night through Sunday morning. I would love to talk more about Sabbath and accountability with other disciplines with whoever wants to, as well...preferably in person, and less in the comments section of this blog.


Peace.

1 comment:

Cameron Robinson said...

Let's talk more. I'm right down the hall. :)