Thursday, September 2, 2010

Psalm 59

"Deliver me from my enemies, O my God; protect me from those who rise up against me..."

"Each evening they come back, howling like dogs and prowling about the city. There they are, bellowing with their mouths with swords in their lips - for "Who," they think, "will hear us?"

"O my Strength, I will watch for you, for you, O God, are my fortress. My God in his steadfast love will meet me; God will let me look in triumph on my enemies."

"Each evening they come back, howling like dogs, and prowling about the city. They wander about for food and growl if the do not get their fill."

"But I will sing of your strength; I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in the morning. For you have been to me a fortress and a refuge in the day of my distress. O my Strength, I will sing praises to you, for you, O God, are my fortress, the God who shows me steadfast love."


O God, my temptations return every night and day, but You hear all my thoughts. You hear them spouting lies at me, and You hear me try to justify my wrong actions. O God, my Strength, I will watch for You. You are my Fortress and Refuge in my times of trouble. You will let me look in triumph over my old ways, and remind me of Your mighty hand through it all. I will sing aloud of Your steadfast love in the morning because of the love You have shown me. I will watch for You in the night; I will watch for You in the day.

Peace.

No comments: