Saturday, August 28, 2010

Refreshed

"Yes, brother, I want some benefit from you in the Lord. Refresh my heart in Christ." Philemon v.20

The chaplain at Spring Arbor likes to talk about this verse. He says we should refresh people in Christ; we should love God so much that just our presence is refreshing to others. That's just a brief mention of what he says about that verse, but that's enough to get across what I'm going to talk about.

I recently met someone who refreshed my heart in Christ. I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who's done that as soon as I've met them. He was not a student at Spring Arbor, but he was running around campus for a day praying over the dorms and buildings and proclaiming freedom loudly over campus. I found him in the evening and was able to talk to him about what he was doing and where he came from. He was a really crazy dude who basically got stuck in Spring Arbor twice by God this week so he could pray over it. God is going to really change people's hearts this year on campus I think. I guess I can't say much else, other than this character honestly refreshed me just by being around him, and God brought him here for a purpose, even if only for a short time. Keep praying.

Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is sooo wonderful!!! So, has God done what you thought he would?