Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Reading

So, now that school is out for the summer, I've been able to get back into reading for fun. I just finished Robinon Crusoe(which I started during Christmas Break, as sad as that is) and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I love reading. 20,000 Leagues was full of excellent quotes, too.

"'Professor...it is true that I have fled from the world of men. It is true that I hate civilization. Still, I pitied this poor Indian fisherman. He comes from an oppressed country. I am, and always will be, one of the oppressed.'" -Cptn. Nemo

Apparently, a book called The Mysterious Island tells of Captain Nemo's fate after the events in this book, which makes me really want to acquire and read it as well.

I spent a little time today researching Che Guevara on Wikipedia today. I'm probably putting myself on some watchlist by saying this. I'm thinking about buying one of his books, The Motorcycle Diaries. During his college days, Che spent a year with one of his friends traveling across South America on a motorcycle, and it was in this time that he found his passion for justice for oppressed peoples around the world.

Until I get one or both of those books, however, I'll probably be working on A Tale of Two Cities next.

Peace.

1 comment:

David said...

Casey, these are some of my favorite books! I'm in the beginning of A Tale of Two Cities- I have to read it out loud, because the way it is written is so much more complex than the way I am used to reading. Keep it up!!