Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Finally

So, I officially deleted my G+ account tonight...meaning I am no longer a part of any social network (except for LinkedIn, but that's a professional site, and I'm rarely on it). Since getting rid of my FB account, I've been able to tell which of my friendships are actually going to last by how much effort certain people have put into keeping in touch with me. Now that some time has passed, G+ has gone from a transitional social network to an unnecessary one for me. A number of my friends read my blog, most have my cell phone number, and I'm connected with others via Skype, Steam, and League of Legends (online game)...not to mention the people I see face-to-face on a weekly basis without being in contact with them in any other way. Social networks are convenient and very helpful at times, sure, but I feel so much better when I am less connected to technology.

Next week is the last week of my park ranger job. I'm actually pretty sad about it; I've made some friends, my boss there is fantastic, and it really has been a great job so far. Our contract with the City of Lansing is expiring two weeks earlier than expected, though, and it won't be renewed...so there's no chance of getting the job back. Now I'm trying to get a better-paying job at a security company where a friend of mine works. I could really use a job that will help me save up money to move out West soon.

Tomorrow morning I'm heading to Sault Ste. Marie with my mom, where we'll be hanging out with my grandparents all weekend. Fishing at the Soo, birdwatching at Whitefish Point...good times. I love the Upper Peninsula.

Peace.

2 comments:

SocksofGranduer said...

We should be Steam Friends :) My steam name is SocksofGranduer :)

Cameron Robinson said...

Godspeed on your employment pursuits!