Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Life turmoil in 3...

So, as I said in my last post, this is the last week of my park ranger job. People have been praying for me and keeping their eyes open for jobs, and some things are starting to get sorted out.

First, I have an interview this Friday at the Harris Nature Center in Okemos. I already know the workers there and have been volunteering there for a number of years, so I have a good foot in the door to land the position. The job itself would be part time; mostly weekend work from what I know so far. This is exactly the kind of job I want in regards to what it actually is; however, it wouldn't give me enough hours by itself.

Second, a guy I know just told me his workplace is taking referrals for full-time work, and he would like to refer me if I want the job. It would be a third shift factory job...meaning that my sleep schedule will get messed up really fast and that I would be BANKING. He said it would sometimes require weekend work, but because it's third shift, it wouldn't interfere with me leading worship on Sunday mornings nor with the job at the nature center, if I can get either/both of them. The main issue is my upcoming trip to Colorado. Had I known my park ranger job would end so suddenly, I would've bought my ticket sooner and planned it for this month instead of the beginning of October. I almost certainly won't be able to get the factory job if I tell them I need that week-and-a-half off, so I will need to get referred sometime around when I get back to Lansing...and they might not be hiring anymore at that point. My friend who told me doesn't know just yet when the hiring is happening; he'll find out for me soon.

I also put in an application to a security company where one of my good friends works and to two other Ingham County parks, but I haven't heard back from them yet. So far the two jobs above are my best bet, and I would love to land at least one of them.  If I only get the nature center job, I could at least try to pick up more hours at Family Christian Store...as much as I don't want to go back there.

Anyway, I could really use prayer for all this. The factory job would be the best option because I need to save money and start paying things off. If I don't get any of these jobs, I'm in a pretty bad situation, and I don't really know what I will do. Thank you.

Peace.

2 comments:

Luna Musings said...

http://fivegallonideas.com
Because I don't know how else to get a hold of you. Enjoy!

Dave Clement said...

Just wanted to say...as a full-time 3rd shifter... yes you won't be conflicted by working on Sunday mornings but YOU WILL BE TIRED.
I had to drive to a church 30mins away and get there at 9:30 after getting out of work at 7am. After,pulling myself out of service at 12-1pm I was a dangerous wreck driving home. I stopped going mornings. Now I go locally elsewhere...a lot 'cause of that.

Anyways...the earlier church starts (if shorter overall) and less time to get there helps a LOT! It's easier to just stay up if you go straight there..granted you're not up all afternoon=crash! If church starts later rest but make sure you can wake up again! I have slept thru. my alarm and 3rds make u a heavy sleeper.
I've found, once up, however;coffee at church is a life save! I now drink coffee....but only on Sunday. But Jesus gets me up most mornings. Jesus is the best alarm for the sleep deprived.
Just a heads up from a night watcher. That's me and my experience so far.
Blessings