Sunday, September 30, 2012

Westward 2012, pre-launch

So, following somewhat in the footsteps of my trip West one year ago, tomorrow I'm embarking on my second trip to the Rockies...this time, by myself. I'm taking a bus to Colorado Springs to hang out with some friends I have there and to see if it's a place where I could eventually live. I'll be gone until October 11. Just like last year, I will try to post regularly on here and have pictures of the places I visit.

I'm excited to see what God has planned for this trip. Great things usually happen when I get out of my own comfort zone, and this is pretty far out there. Don't get me wrong, it's something I definitely want to be doing, but this is the biggest trip I've ever done by myself. I've been needing a shake-up to my routine, though. This trip will be really good for me in that way.

One big issue I'm facing with all this is getting someone to lead worship at my church this Sunday while I'm away. So far I've been entirely unsuccessful at finding a replacement, and now I'm leaving Lansing without having this problem resolved. It doesn't feel good, but I'm trying to trust that God has it under control.

Another issue is my job situation after I get back. One of my friends from church is giving me a referral to his factory when I get back, and it would be exactly the kind of work I need right now. I would appreciate your prayers for this and for the other things I've already mentioned.

Peace.

1 comment:

Cameron Robinson said...

Prayers away!!!!!! Have fun in Colorado! Just got a call from Jacob Cook. haha