Monday, October 8, 2012

Westward 2012, Pike National Forest

So, this weekend was a fantastic introduction to the Colorado Rockies for me. My friend Andrew drove me around in his Jeep on Saturday and showed me Pike National Forest (or at least parts of it, since apparently it's enormous). The clouds were pretty crazy at times, as you can see in the first picture.









On Sunday, Andrew called up another friend of his and we all went for a day hike in the forest. There had been some drizzle/sleet the night before, and everything was still thawing out when we got there.







Today I spent the morning in classes at Charis Bible College with my friends here. Interesting how different the doctrine is here compared to what SAU teaches. God taught me some valuable lessons today; I'll probably share some about that later.

This afternoon, my friend Dena and I hiked to a place called Pulpit Rock overlooking Colorado Springs. It was a great way to begin the week.







Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That picture of frozen trees on the mountainsides is AWESOME! I´d love to hear about your classes, and the dialogues they inspire sometime. Keep it real.