Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween!

So, I know I'm a little old for trick-or-treating...but I got to go with my pastor and his daughter today for the first time...in a long time.

Besides the obvious joy of collecting candy with a little kid, today has been a great day. I went to an interview for a security company and ended up getting offered a job on the spot! Then, my mom took me out to lunch and bought me a chainsaw...for which I will be paying her back with this job, haha.

I had been getting pretty discouraged about not having a job, but God is good, and He has shown me that this week. Today he showed (reminded, really) me a few things in 1 Corinthians chapter seven. He reminded me that He has been "acting with great boldness toward me," like He told me on the way back from Colorado. It was good to be reminded of that, since I had been losing sight of it. In verse six, God also reminded me that He "comforts the downcast," which is how I've been feeling for a little while now because of my job situation. God has comforted me a lot today. He is so good.

Now, here's a picture of my costume (no beard...gotta shave for job interviews!):


Peace.

1 comment:

Cameron Robinson said...

This post is all kinds of wonderful. Good God. Good guy. Good costume.