Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Death and Taxes (just because it's a cool title)

WHOO! Today has been fairly busy. I ate with the Center Lake peeps (plus one and minus Wookiee, because he's sick...), and that was pretty much all the socializing I did today. I spent the rest of the day trying to get some work done, getting ready for Prop Shop worship (I'll explain for those who don't go to SAU), and spending some time in the Word. I read some of I John this afternoon. Good stuff. 3:2-3 is one passage that stuck out to me: "Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when He appears we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him as He is. And everyone who thus hopes in Him purifies himself as He is pure." That is a sweet passage. We are God's children NOW, and what we WILL be has NOT YET appeared; but we know that when He appears we shall be like Him, BECAUSE we shall see Him AS HE IS. And everyone who thus hopes in Him PURIFIES himself as HE is pure. I like that.This is the first time that I've really noticed that promise. I read it and thought, "Hm. Where's my hope?" It's an interesting little thing: I know from personal experience that I shouldn't put my hope in my own plans that in the end are totally up to circumstance and God's own will; I need to be putting my hope in Him, His coming, His purifying power....

One of the things I worked on today was a short vocational speech that I have to give on Friday for my Communications class. I decided to call up Don Cochrane and interview him about his job as Center Lake's program director; I was pretty excited to learn about it from him, but it just makes me think more about what I'm going to do after I graduate...oh well. I'm tired of thinking about that stuff. That's something that I've been giving more and more to God, because honestly, at this point I really don't know where I'm going or what I'll be doing at the end of my time at Spring Arbor. If it were up to me, I would probably just end up doing something that pays the bills and that fits with my own talents and abilities so it's easier for me to handle...which isn't a bad thing I suppose, but I don't know if God would want me in a place where my own strengths can seemingly get me by...what if He would rather put me somewhere that challenges me and makes me rely more fully on Him and His strength? I won't presume to know what direction God is going to take me, but I can know that wherever He does take me, it's that way that's going to be the best option.

Anyways, about Prop Shop worship: it's basically just a worship night that the Worship Arts majors put on about once a month. I'm in one of the 2 groups that organizes and conducts them, so we were doing that for half of the afternoon.

Well, I am tired, so I'll try to wrap this up.

There's an amazing beat-boxer in the UK called Beardyman. Look up Monkey Jazz on Youtube.

I guess that's all for now. Goodnight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Two words for Monkey Jazz:

AWESOME SAUCE!