Thursday, October 30, 2008

More from 1 John

I've been reading I John, like I said yesterday. Backtracking to a passage I read a couple days ago, I realized that it was something that I needed to work on. It's 2:9-11: "Whoever says he is in the light and hates his brother is still in darkness. Whoever loves his brother abides in the light, and in him there is no cause for stumbling. But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes." Now, let me say right now that I do not HATE anyone on campus...however, I do feel as though one of my friendships here is starting to unravel because of my own lack of initiative. There has been a somewhat awkward situation going on between us, and I basically stopped going out of my way to go see my friend, and we just stopped hanging out because of it. I've had a lot of poor reasoning going on in my head: "Well, if me going to see him was the only thing holding us together as friends, then I guess our friendship wasn't that great." Some people might think that's a pretty good reason...but after thinking about it in light of that passage in I John, I don't think it is. I do want to hang out with him; he's a really good friend. Yet part of me wants to avoid him because of certain things. I was talking with my good friend Ben Rupp about this, and he agreed: although it might be good to have a little distance, I shouldn't be letting our friendship fall away. I'm glad God's given me a little insight on this through His Word and through my friends today. Just thought I would share that.

Heh, I though today I would start talking about my camp history, but that was before I caught on to what God was saying today. If anyone reading this wants to pray for me about this stuff, that would be great.

Today has been pretty productive in regards to homework as well. I'm giving my vocational speech on program directors tomorrow, and my interview with Don is basically the only thing I'm using...don't worry, it's fine, haha.

Tomorrow I have an audition for playing acoustic guitar for our school's upcoming show, "Baptist." I'm not sure how that's going to turn out just yet.

I tried out a Chuck Norris fact generator on my blog profile today. Unfortunately, it degenerated into dirtiness very quickly, so I had to get rid of it...sad.

Well, I should get going now...I still have a few things to do tonight.

CHECK YA LATER!!!

1 comment:

britta said...

Can I just say I needed to hear that Casey? ... The insight on John 1 is surprisingly very convicting right now... Hmmm.. Something I need to be working on as well.

Thanks