Monday, October 27, 2008

First one, here we go...

So, there I was, stranded in the middle of the world wide wilderness, with nothing but a keyboard and a mouse to my name...

I've had a lot of stuff going through my head lately: thoughts on college, God, friends, life in general, and I noticed that several of my good friends blog about this stuff, so I (being the follow-suiter that I am) decided to start my own blog. I've been wanting to write a lot of the stuff I'm thinking down, since many times I have some WICKED SWEET thing go through my head, and then it gets lost forever because it doesn't get recorded, or I have some amazing conversation with a friend that I want to retain for later, but, of course, I think I can remember it (because my memory is SO great *cough sarcasm cough*) and I still forget it. So here is my blog. I will probably start putting in old journal entries and notes of mine in this, because I want people to know some of the things that God has shown me in the past that have really changed me. I probably won't start with that just yet, because that would be a HUGE first blog post, haha.

Anyways, on to...other stuff. First on the agenda: I went on an AMAZING road trip this past weekend with my good friend Mike Carpenter out to Sawyer, Michigan. Some of you will know where that is; for the rest, look it up. Sorry. ANYways, we stayed at the Davis' house and were priveleged enough to hear Christy Davis' last public performance before she goes to Kyrgyzstan for 6 months, and it was SWEET. More importantly than the music, however, God was using the people around me to speak to me and to get me fired up again. This year started out really lame for myself, and I wasn't doing very well with spending quality time with God. He's been working on my heart about that, and this weekend was no exception. I've been having a terrible time prioritizing God above everything else that's going on, but He's really working in my heart and changing it for the better, which is AWESOME. God is pretty much the coolest person I know. Ever.

Second on the agenda (and this idea is one that I am somewhat copying from others, because I like it): some randomness and quotes from the day.

I discovered recently that the boxes that the baked pies at McDonald's come in are pretty sketchy. Buy one, read it, and you'll know why.

I just got a bunch of classical music from my friend Mark McGuire, and it's sweet.

I have no idea what I'm doing, and I'm OK with that!

"There's NO LA-LA-LA's!!!" - John Glowacki in reference to "O Praise Him" by David Crowder...that was a good time.

Anyways, I guess that's all I can think of for now. I need to spend some much-needed time with my Saviour (and yes, I prefer to add the"u" in "Saviour") before I go to bed. Goodnight all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yessssss... We have sucked another victim into the wonderful world of blogspot.

so it asked me if I wanted to "publicly" follow your blog or "anonymously" follow it. They might as well say: check here if you are his friend, or check here if you are his stalker.