Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Homework...

So, I've realized something really stupid. Myself and others sometimes complain about how we don't have enough time to spend with God in His Word because of homework. Even when our homework is required reading of Biblical texts and responding to them on paper in some way, we still say, "Oh, well, it's not the same. This is making it into homework. I want to read it for my own, on my own time!" I just realized how incomprehensibly lame this excuse is. Back in the day, kids ten years younger than us would already have a decent portion of the Law memorized because they HAD to. Why the heck are we complaining? We are REQUIRED TO READ THE BIBLE! How much better can things get? I am officially taking a new stance on required Biblical readings for classes. I'm going to start viewing this as a good chance to delight in His laws.

No comments: