Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Freedom through the power of Christ

So, lately I've been experiencing real freedom from a lot of stuff in my life. One such something which I'm really happy about is regarding a past relationship of mine. I was doing homework on the quiet floor of the campus library when my ex-girlfriend suddenly AIMed me online. Due to the issues surrounding our break-up and at the rate things were going, I wouldn't have been surprised if we would've never spoken to each other again. At first, I was very confused as to why she wanted to talk to me, but I let her speak. She said that she felt bad about the way things went down between us, that she recognized that she had disrespected me with the way she handled the break-up, that she had made it nearly impossible for us to be friends at all afterward, and that she wanted to ask me for forgiveness.

Hear that? Yes, that explosion was my mind being blown. I never expected to hear those words or anything similar to them. I didn't really know what to say at first. I thanked her and forgave her, and also apologized for hurting her with the way I handled things. We talked for a bit, and then the conversation was over.

I felt so freed afterward. I had kind of forgiven her in my mind a good while ago, and I had given up any negative feelings I had toward her. However, I had no hope of us ever being friends again at all, and we had never actually apologized to each other for the way we treated each other afterward. I thank God for this moment of peace, and for the reconciliation He let us experience. We may or may not ever be friends who talk on a regular basis, but God at least brought this opportunity for forgiveness, and I would be OK with us being friends again. Thank You, Jesus.

Peace.

No comments: