Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Walking in the rain

So, it's been raining the past couple days here at the Arb. I've discovered a newfound appreciation for the rain. Getting your jacket soaked outside brings a heightened awareness of the warmth and dryness of the next building you walk into.

I've also been recently pegged across campus as "the guy with no shoes." Both friends and people I don't know have been commenting on how I don't wear shoes and asking me why I don't. My usual answer is simply, "I dunno, I don't really like shoes." Really, it's a little more than just this, though. I truly feel better when I walk barefoot: I feel more peaceful and more able to connect to the world, since walking barefoot gives you a whole new sense of what's around you. I feel more alive, because I can feel the pain in my soles from walking over rocks. I feel more like I think I was made to feel.

Peace.