Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Another blog about the future

So, I've been thinking a lot this week about long-term goals. I know what I need to be doing right now: I'm finishing up my degree at SAU, I'm living in Lansing, I'm working with a church plant until I'm no longer needed there, and I'm taking two classes at LCC this spring. These things are nearly a guarantee, unless something crazy happens. I know God could send me in some direction I'm not expecting at any moment, so I'm trying to keep my main focus on what I need to do presently.

However, the Apostle Paul had long-term goals, so I believe I'm justified in thinking about that sort of thing, too.

I want to move out West somewhere after I'm done in Lansing. I fell in love with the western US after my trip this past summer, just like I knew I would. I sort of decided about a week ago that I particularly want to move out toward Portland, Oregon, where a family I know just moved and began some new ministry projects. Coincidentally, a couple nights ago I was talking to the father of this family, who I've been developing a very good relationship with since I was in high school, and he asked me if I wanted to help with his ministry. Of course, I said yes.

So, even just this week, God has been opening some interesting doors for me down the road. I know I need to be in Lansing for now, but now I'm considering the possibility of continuing my second bachelor's degree out in Oregon, if that opportunity was to actually become a reality. I don't know exactly what God has in store for the future, but so far it looks pretty sweet.

Peace.

No comments: