Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A dream I had

So, two nights ago, while I was at Center Lake for their Follow the Star event, I had a very interesting dream. Very strange, really.

I was in a house, sort of our in the woods, but not quite in the middle of nowhere. I had been staying there for some amount of time, but now it was time to go. I had already packed up most of my belongings, but it was a much smaller amount than I actually own currently. No furniture, no car, no bicycle, no electronics at all, no library of books. I don't remember anything specific, but I'm pretty sure none of those things were there. I was trying to pack everything so I could carry it all in one trip, since my destination was a bit of a long walk, and I didn't want to have to make it twice. I was going to another house, or maybe a small town. I had packed almost everything I owned into my hiking backpack, but not quite everything. Even with so little, I remember thinking to myself, "Ah, if only I had fewer belongings...I should try to get rid of some of it." I don't remember what happened with my stuff exactly, but I set out on a grey gravel road toward my next destination. I had my backpack, at least. A light rain was falling.

I woke up later and immediately remembered the dream. I didn't think, "Wow, what a strange dream," like I normally would. I woke up and immediately thought, "Oh my...what does this mean?" During the dream, I felt like it had some kind of significance, and after waking up this feeling was even stronger. The more obvious meaning is it could reveal something of what God has in store for me in the future. Then again, it could just mean I've been playing too much Skyrim on my roommate's Xbox 360. Maybe there's some other significance I'm missing. I don't know, but I wanted to record this, if for nothing else but to remind me later that I don't need as many things as I own.

What are your thoughts? I'd really like to hear them, especially if someone out there can interpret dreams, haha.

Peace.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Could it be meant to inspire you to give more and enter more fully into simple living?

Benn Fales said...

It seems like the focus is either on you going somewhere or on having fewer things. Possibly both. At least to me. That's what I thought of when I read it.