Monday, December 26, 2011

Interview!?

So, I've been sending in job applications to all sorts of places in Lansing for a couple months now, but I've been putting off a good job opportunity for just as long: Biggby Coffee. One of my housemates works there and practically guaranteed me a job there if I went for it. Some issues with this: I do not drink coffee, and it's the addiction of choice for most of America, which makes it somewhat repulsive in my mind. I also would have to keep my face clean-shaven, although they would probably let me keep my long hair.

However, God killed off a little bit of pride recently, and I shaved my face and applied for the job. I've decided that too much of my identity is placed in how I look (both in my own eyes and in other people's eyes). I want to break that. Also, it's been a blessing to be able to stay in my new house rent-free during my job-search, but it hasn't even been a month yet and I'm already getting sick of not being able to pay rent. My church doesn't have much money, and the house itself is a sort of parish, so if we're not paying rent, the church has to pay for the house alongside all its other costs. I don't want to do that to anyone. I've been blessed to have just about everything in my life paid for by someone else up to this point (mostly my mom, who does way more than she needs to for me, and I'm grateful); it's high time I take some responsibility for my own bills.

My other housemate is going to shave me head to celebrate before the interview. This way, I'll have less to deal with in job-hunting later.

Not gonna lie...I haven't been able to wear many hats since my hair's been so long...and I freaking miss my hats.

Peace.

No comments: