Friday, January 6, 2012

Jackets and Jeans

So, I decided today that I was going to start fixing up my favorite plaid jacket. I've had it for years, and I've worn it through every season, even across the ocean and back. Let's just say it's very...full of character. I bought some needles and thread at Meijer the other day, and I've spent a good portion of the morning so far sewing it up and patching it with denim from old blue jeans. I've been wanting to start doing that sort of thing myself for a while; I'm pretty happy I found the motivation to actually get started on it. That jacket will have even more character when I'm done with it, haha!

One of my friends from SAU came up to me a couple weeks before the end of last semester and told me he had a dream where I gave him this jacket, and he felt honoured and really excited. My plan is to fix it up, maybe put another fun patch on it, wash it, and give it to him next time I visit the Arb. He doesn't really read blogs, so I think I'm safe saying it here.

During the aforementioned trip to Meijer, I had a couple of interesting thoughts. First, after I just had a cashier break a $20 bill for me, I thought, "I really am blessed to have money, a place where I can withdraw it from an ATM, and have bills broken so easily and close to home." Second, as I passed between a few racks of Blu-Ray movies and a large furniture section, I realised how ridiculous it is that these kinds of stores actually exist at all.

We take for granted every blessing God gives us.

Also, last night I finished setting up a wireless adapter and webcam/mic for my PC, so I can Skype people! If you want to chat sometime, this is my username: king.of.the.wild.frontier

Peace.

No comments: