Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A good defense?

So, this started as a short thought I had while driving, but I think it's worth its own post. We often make fun of the question, "What would Jesus do," right? I know I have before. I'm not here to defend that question in particular; I'd rather ask another one. When you're about to make a decision about how you act toward other people or authority while you're driving, or really in any situation, I dare you to ask this question:

"If God were to go through every action in my life, and we get to this moment, could Jesus stand beside me and defend my actions?"

"Oh, that one was okay. The speed limits don't really matter. That one was fine too; she was just joking, even though it sounded like a really mean insult."

The question becomes not, "What would Jesus do," but rather, "Would Jesus stand beside my decision here?" I think it's a very interesting one.

As a Christian, however, I know even though Jesus won't defend all my decisions, He will defend me when I stand on the day of judgment. My sins are washed away by His blood, and His sacrifice atoned for every action I've made against Him.

Thank God.

Peace.

1 comment:

Bret said...

A very interesting thought. Thank you for sharing it.

Also, I think that final paragraph, namely the first sentence, was an important tie-in, and well said.