Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Jackson

So, this evening, myself, Ben Rupp, and Daniel Eads took a trip out to Jackson (and no, we weren't going to Appleebees OR Wal Mart!). We just went and walked around town and asked God to give us opportunities to serve and share the Gospel. We ended up praying for an old lady out on her porch, and left a note for a guy at a diner. We also went out to the Interfaith Shelter, but apparently it was too late at night for us to pick up a shift and help out. We also got kind of threatened and yelled at once or twice from passing cars...and decided it might be better to do this in the day next time. It was a good time.

I could really use prayer for strength and perserverance, by the way. If you want to know anything more specific than that, ask or something.

I have officially reached the age where I can say that I see some of my friends MY age getting MARRIED, and yet I am completely single. Woot. God has given me some wisdom on singularity in the past that's really sweet. I wrote some stuff down in my journal last semester...wow, last semester was the only time in my life that I've really ever done any journaling, and it was good stuff...maybe I should work on that.

I'm tired. Go figure.

There is a Bingo chip sitting on my desk in front of me...I haven't played Bingo in years.

Goodnight.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Brilliant Casey. I hope you guys do that again. Jackson (as well as everywhere else) needs it. I'll pray for you.

God Bless

Kris Locker said...

I know the feeling of a lot of people getting married around you. It gets a new level of odd when it's your roommate :)
I'm glad you have such a positive outlook on singleness cause too many people are way negative about it.

Alyssa said...

lol, I feel like a creeper reading so many posts, but life is addicting, what can I say? randomly going into Jackson (or anywhere) to serve has to be the most fun thing ever, and exciting too! Yeah... Ben will be sending out wedding invites soon - so sooo weird...