Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Journal Entry 1

So, I mentioned in my last post that I had kept a journal for a while last semester. It was basically just writing down stuff that God had shown me so I could remember it later, word for word. This is my first one; I wrote it into my journal on March 22, 2008, but it was something that God had shown me a little while before that. Here it is:

"Singleness is actually a good thing! God gave you a time to be single so that you can grow closer to Him without complicating matters with a relationship in which you are confused about where you stand with Him. The ultimate goal of a relationship should not be a relationship in itself, but to further grow in and glorify Him! If you are not ready for this, then you are not ready for a lasting, fulfilling, God-centered relationship."

Now I can add a little side note: it applies to BOTH sides of the relationship. Just because one person is ready, it doesn't mean the other is as well.

As much as I would like to be in a Godly relationship right now, I know I am not quite ready just yet. I have a difficult time letting things go and moving on, which is no good. I had a horrible time with it at the beginning of this school year, and it was ruining my life...kind of literally. I had lost joy, contentment, and much of my desire to even be at Spring Arbor, at least for a while, and my roommate was getting dang sick of it, haha. I was miserable enough to rediscover a little depression. My next journal entry talks a little about my first experience with it.

Anyways, I'm still tired. I keep getting more and more tired every day, even though my sleep habits aren't really bad. Maybe it's just the thought of our school play and lame assignments coming up. Whatevs.

I'm getting kind of tired of school, and I'm somewhat unsure about being a Worship Arts major at this point. Yay.

Goodnight.

No comments: