Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bible study

So, for one of my classes, I've had to create a Bible study series as an almost-final project. I'm just finishing it up now. I've really felt like someone in youth ministry doing this: I started with one whole topic for the series and objectives for it. I started making titles and objectives for each of the lessons, and as I wrote them, I have to keep going back and changing my objectives, because the direction kept changing. Now that I'm done, it looks like I need to change the general topic and objectives as well, since I took it all in a different direction than I anticipated. It's been really interesting, and helpful as well.

Also, I'm been thinking more lately about what I want to do after I graduate from Spring Arbor next fall. I'm strongly considering going to an outdoor leadership school after I get my loans paid off, if that happens relatively soon. Along with this, I really just want to travel all over after I'm done here. There are so many opportunities to go on adventures and have an impact on people's lives. I can't wait. Probably going to be stuck in some horrible job as soon as I graduate, but I think it would be worth it in the long run.

Peace.

1 comment:

Dave Clement said...

BTW "some horrible job" could be an adventurous ministry opportunity. Be light and salt.