Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Pass This Cup

So, yesterday was a hard day. Thank you for your prayers, to those who were praying for me. I ended up going to my night class a little late because of the events of the day. In this class, we always have some silent prayer time. Yesterday we had about ten minutes. Right before the silence, our professor was speaking about Jesus in the garden of Gethsemane, when He was praying that if all possible, the cup would pass from Him. During the silence, I thanked God that He had passed the cup from me and had lifted the burden I was carrying from the day. Immediately, He responded with, "The cup of suffering I have for you has not been passed," and a great feeling of awe and dread came over me as I realized that these events were nothing in comparison for what I will face in the future. Thank you, God, for not letting me wallow in shame and regret.

Peace.

No comments: