Saturday, April 23, 2011

Thoughts on Life #2

So, someone I know just posted a question on Facebook which made me very sad: "Does anyone know a place where I can find single Christian men?"

Sigh.

I've expressed my views on relationships on here before, and even more so to my friends in person, but I'll still say this: I do not believe everyone has to get married and be in a romantic relationship to be happy, and I also do not believe everyone is meant to get married.

For anyone who knows me and didn't already know this, I just recently broke up with my girlfriend, ending the longest dating relationship I have been in yet. We both realized we weren't really happy in the relationship, and that this was probably not going to change. On my own end, I've been finding Paul's words in 1 Corinthians more and more directed at me: "I wish all were as I am," him speaking of being single. I realized that I honestly don't want to be married anytime soon, and if that's the case, what is the point of being in a dating relationship right now? To make me feel better about myself? Unless I happen to run across someone who is willing to go crazy in life the way I'm trying to (and if I'm pretty good friends with them for a while first...not making that mistake ever again), I really don't want to have anything to do with a dating relationship right now. Now, I don't know if I'm going to feel the same way about this in five years or so, but those are definitely my thoughts right now, and I'm pretty dang happy with them. Whenever I ask God about it or start worrying/over-thinking things, He just keeps telling me to have patience and wait. So, that's what I'm going to do.

Some of my life goals currently: Get the heck out of Spring Arbor University with a degree. Find a really cheap (price and quality) apartment within a year. Sell/get rid of a bunch of crap. Find a job which will pay more than what I need to survive in said crappy apartment. Pay off student loans (I'm pretty sure debt is un-Biblical. Financially, I really regret coming to SAU. This is a subject for a whole other blog rant, though). Save up some money. Get a motorcycle. Save up some more money. Travel.

That's all for now, I guess.

Peace.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Preach it brother.

Dave Clement said...

I'm right with you brother. Sorry to hear of the relationship end, but glad it's in God's hands, and glad you're happy to wait there.
Deep stuff your dishing out...thoughts and feelings that is. I can relate to life's uncertainty and struggle to remember God's clear sovereignty. I can relate. I'm right with you brother. I'm just not as honest (to speak it).