Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Good grief.

So, I had a nuclear meltdown last night, in my soul and in my head...if you couldn't tell from my last post. Things are better now, and I'm seeing God's will a little more clearly in regard to my idea of going to the International House of Prayer next fall. My mom was absolutely and immoveably opposed to the idea of me going there before I graduate, and after discussing the situation with a couple of guys on my floor, it came down to one question: If my going to IHOP next fall will harm my relationship with my mom so much, and if I can still be a disciple and seek God here at Spring Arbor, then should I really go? I think, according to what God has revealed about His character to me, that the answer is no. I don't personally agree with the reasons for which she opposed it, but in the end, I think it's going to be wiser to defer to her, especially when I wasn't really sure if it was God's will anyway...I just wanted it to be. Honestly, I feel like I may have used His name in vain for my own argumentative purposes in this situation...I am such a hypocrite. Well, anyways, the point of this is to reassure those who have read my latest posts that the situation is being resolved, I have a lot more peace about staying here at Spring Arbor until I graduate, and I have a lot more peace in general about what God wants me to do. A ton of guys on my floor were praying for me about all this last night throughout the various stages of my meltdown, and I really, really appreciated it. Thank you, all who prayed for and encouraged me through this.

Peace.

2 comments:

Cameron Robinson said...

keep pressing...

Anonymous said...

Casey, I am grateful for our friendship, and moments like this reading this blog.. :-)