Monday, December 7, 2009

Hungry? Try IHOP!

So, in regard to my previous "rethinking Spring Arbor"-type post, I would like to continue the discussion. Last night, a group of guys on my floor and myself had a long discussion on the work of the Holy Spirit, revival, and truly living as disciples of Jesus Christ. We had a really intense time of prayer afterward, and then we started another crazy conversation. We got into discussing what it takes to really follow Christ: surrendering all our rights, dreams, and lives, and even selling our possessions *GASP.* I am so past the American Dream it's ridiculous. Since our prayer session last night, I have been getting over all my dreams in life, a lot of my selfish desires (like NEEDING a Playstation 2 with Dynasty Warriors 5 to play on it), and I have had a full day of joy, peace, and more real times with God than I have had in a long time. I am ready to get rid of all the crap I own, other than what I truly need. I got rid of a couple games on my computer that are really time-consuming, I'm giving away the Playstation 2 tomorrow, even though I JUST bought it, and I can't stand the thought of actually buying an album of music anymore. We want to start a floor fund for Compassion International. At one point last night, I think my friend Cameron brought up his idea of going away to the International House of Prayer in Kansas City. He talked about it a bit, so we looked it up. On the main page there was a video we watched which addressed pretty much everything we had been discussing...and since we had been discussing how to identify the Holy Spirit's calling and movements, and had actually prayed about it a lot, we took it to be an answer for us. Crazy. The four of us who had been seriously wondering what we're doing at Spring Arbor decided to seriously pray about and look into attending IHOP's university. I won't discuss it much here, because I really don't want to make it sound like this is something that is 100% happening (boasting about tomorrow is bad), but we are really serious about this. I want to leave everything behind that I cling to so closely and just seek God. We all know that God won't be "more there," but we are all so discontent here at Spring Arbor, and we are paying a lot of money to not know what we're doing here. Talk to me about this sometime...I don't feel like typing it all out.

Peace.

3 comments:

Cameron Robinson said...

YUS

Anonymous said...

rock on, man. i've got a good feeling about this for you guys. seriously.

Anonymous said...

Sweet! That is sick-naughty, in a good way lol ;-)