Thursday, August 18, 2011

Long-awaited

So, my mom called me the other day while I was in Grand Rapids and asked me if I wanted to go out West for two weeks when I get back.

UH YA

Needless to say, I came back earlier than I had originally intended. We're currently looking at making a huge loop around and back, with the northern Rockies as the western end. Here's what it might look like:

Make it to Minneapolis/St. Paul area (probably by tomorrow night).
Head through South Dakota: Black Hills, Badlands, etc.
Hit Wyoming: Make it to the Rockies, possibly Yellowstone National Park.
Head north along the Rockies to Montana: Glacier National Park as one of the trip highlights, hopefully spending a lot of time there.
Head east through Montana: No speed limits, barren wasteland, etc.
North Dakota: Theodore Roosevelt National Park.
Through northern Minnesota and Wisconsin: Forest. mmmm.
Enter Michigan: Porcupine Mountains, Upper Peninsula, Mackinac Bridge, home again.

That's the plan. I'll try to post pictures daily and give a quick blog about what we've done. My mom's bringing her laptop with a mobile internet device, so we don't have to go looking for Wi-Fi hotspots.

I'd appreciate your prayers during the trip.

Peace.

2 comments:

Aunt Angie said...

I am sooo excited for you guys!!! Hope and pray for a safe and fun filled trip for the two of you!
Love ya, Aunt Angie

Cameron Robinson said...

This is really cool. :)

I'll be praying for you guys.