Friday, August 26, 2011

Westward 2011, Day 7

So, we finally made it to Yellowstone and Grand Teton today. Holy cow. My brain was exploding at the scenery at Buffalo Bill State Park, before we even made it to Yellowstone. The Rockies are beautiful. We traveled west to the center of Yellowstone, then south along Yellowstone Lake, which was enormous.

I wasn't expecting to be doubly amazed by Grand Teton National Park. Dear goodness, God put some of the best scenery in the world here. I was expecting to want to stay in Yellowstone for a few days, or at least want to travel back to it for a day trip. Nope. We made it to Jackson Hole tonight, and we're spending the rest of our time checking out Grand Teton. Tomorrow morning, we're taking an aerial tram up a mountain...roughly 10,000 feet up, actually. We'll spend some time hiking around up there, and eating waffles on top of the dang world. Yeah. The next morning we're going on a guided, sunrise wildlife tour around the Jackson Hole area. Should be sweet. I'll be sure to get some sweet pictures of those things.

Here's the Grand Teton itself:


Peace.

1 comment:

David Shinabarger said...

SO AWESOME!

I'm uploading pictures onto "the facebook" right now of the sky on fire behind the Tetons. The most amazing, breathtaking, beautiful thing I have ever seen. I was completely speechless. I still cannot describe how awesome they are.