Sunday, August 28, 2011

Westward 2011, Day 10

So, we're in the middle of Nebraska today.

The joy of the Lord is my strength.

There really is nothing going on here. Seriously. It's not all cornfields...but it is all bland. We have made good progress because of this, though. High speed limits with no interesting places to stop make for fast travel. Tomorrow, we expect to be just over the border of Illinois, meaning we will probably be back home by Tuesday night. Crazy.

No pictures today, either. Hope you weren't actually expecting some exciting ones from today. I might have some tomorrow.

If you read my last post, you know I'm considering a more ecology-focused major rather than geology after I graduate from the Arb. I was looking stuff up last night about undergraduate and graduate programs at Michigan State University and University of Montana. I've been doing a lot of thinking today about it and have been talking with my mom about it as well. UM has both wildlife biology undergrad and grad programs, and an honors option for the undergrad program. Plus, it's in Montana. MSU has an excellent-looking environmental biology/zoology undergrad program, but doesn't really have the kind of grad programs I would want to major in.

I was also thinking about what I WANT to do versus what I SHOULD do, especially regarding where I'm currently at in life. I think God has brought me to the church I'm at for a reason. I've practically promised my help to them already, and if I ran to Montana next year instead of staying here, I would feel like I'm abandoning them. I'm also in a decent place financially, even after I graduate from the Arb. I'm getting quite a bit of financial aid, and going back to school won't put me hundreds of thousands into debt. Staying in Lansing for a while will also give me more time to look for a decent job and keep it for a while, which would be nice.

A lot to think about. I'm praying about it, and I would ask you again to do the same if you would. Thank you.

Peace.

No comments: