Sunday, August 28, 2011

Amendment

So, I lied about staying in Grand Island, Nebraska. We made it there earlier than we expected and decided to keep going to Lincoln, roughly an hour and forty-five minutes past that. We made it to Lincoln, and I offered to drive the extra hour to Omaha if my mom wanted me to, so we left again. We made it to the outskirts of Omaha, and my mom said we should go to the other side of the city because we missed the only exit with nice-looking motels. We made it to the other side, and she said she didn't want to stay in Omaha at all, so we kept going. Now we've finally arrived in Avoca, Iowa...191 miles past Grand Island. That means we drove 685 miles from Rawlins, Wyoming, today.

Holy crap.

The place we're staying tonight, the Motel 6 right off I-80 in Avoca, was apparently voted the second best hotel regarding staff excellence and customer satisfaction in the NATION this year. The best part? We got a room with two beds for $70. Awesome. This is definitely the nicest place we've stayed so far, and it's almost the cheapest. I'm pretty happy about it.

Tomorrow, we're actually planning to make it home. The trip today was 10 1/2 hours and 685 miles...tomorrow's route should be forty miles shorter, but the same amount of time. We decided since we're so close now, we may as well go home. All this to say, Westward 2011, Day 10, is apparently the last full day of our trip. Sad. This means no more blogs from the road.

I'm over it. If you read my last two posts, you know that I have a lot to work on when I get back...not to mention my internship paper which needs to be done by September 9...not to mention trying to work ahead in one of my hard classes before it starts...not to mention job hunting before school starts...I can definitely use the extra day.

Also, I've realized I often ask for prayer requests here without offering to pray for anyone else. I know the internet is impersonal, but I often go long periods of time without seeing some of the people who read this. So, if you have anything you'd like me to pray for, comment it on one of my posts. I have to moderate all the comments, so I will leave prayer requests unpublished to protect anonymity. Just thought I would offer.

Peace.

No comments: